Tips how to save money by preparing
In order to make a move as economical as possible we suggest that our customers do their own pre-move packing.
Do we have a long walk and/or lots of stairs from your door to the van or truck? Keep the hallways and entrance clear.
Have you notified you building manager/body corporate of the move and reserved a lift?
Try to have everything packed away, or taken apart before we get there, it will make the move faster (and cheaper).
- Mirrors, framed pictures and the like should be wrapped with cardboard or bubble wrap.
- Put heavy items in smaller boxes (books, files, magazines and such).
- Firmly close the top of each box, avoid overloading them.
- Wrap or pack anything that can be easily scratched or damaged in blankets or bubble wrap.
- Box up everything possible, tape the boxes top & bottom - no open lids!
- Bubble wrap any paintings, TV's, table legs, fragile or precious furniture.
- Don't water your plants the day before the move; wrap the pots in plastic bags and put them in a box if possible
A few helpful reminders:
- New Address - The easy way to change address details with Ireland's leading companies, An online service that will help you to change your addresses in bulk
- How to change your address with UPC - UPC Customer Care Phone 1890 940 140
- Change your address with Bordgais - Just complete their enquiry form, or give them a ring 1850 632 632
- Eircom - To change your address with Eircom, you'll need written confirmation, in the form of email, letter or fax, from the account holder.
- Airtricity - To change your address with Airtricity, just get in touch with them by 1850 81 22 20.
Some useful links and information:
If required, we can provide cartons and packing materials to you for this purpose see - Packing Kits and Packing Supplies.